Teacher Refresher Course
Our English language teacher refresher course is great for overseas teachers wanting to improve their teaching skills. It is particularly useful for those taking the Cambridge CELTA certification or the Trinity TESOL certification.
The course lasts a total of 50 hours (25 hours per week for two weeks) and will enhance your personal knowledge of English as well as your own teaching style and methods. You should improve your understanding of grammar and pronunciation as well as the many different ways to teach the key areas of: reading, writing, listening and speaking. Classes will also examine specific areas of language teaching, such as Young Learners, Business English, etc.
You will also be able to develop professionally with group discussions on teaching styles and personal teaching experience. By the end of this course, you will have a broad knowledge of practical teaching activities which can be adapted to your own class and style.
Specific areas covered on the course are:
- New and more traditional teaching methods
- Approaches to teaching reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Teaching in different areas of ELT e.g. EAP, Exams, Business English etc
- Analysis of complex grammar structures
- Analysis of some of the phonological features of English
- Classroom observations
- Ideas for good classroom practice
- Discussion of teaching experience and sharing of new ideas
Please note that this course is for closed groups only.
Maximum class size is 15.
Class hours per week: 25
Course Price: Please contact us for prices.
Skills: Teaching methodology and style, pronunciation, grammar
Yest: Closed Groups Only
Average class size: 12
Lesson Duration: Mon-Fri 9.15-12.30pm
Minimum Duration: 2 weeks
Course Start Dates
|Course start dates to be announced.|